CBSE UGC NET Solved Paper 1 June 2009
MCQ Previous Papers CBSE UGC NET Solved Paper 1 June 2009
Please find below 60 MCQ of Teaching Aptitude Question Based on CBSE UGC NET Solved Paper 1 June 2009 UGC NET exam. Answer of All those has been provided below the question.
**We have tried to compile the best answer, however, if you find any answer in incorrect , please feel free to comment we will be more than happy to modify same.
Questions along with Answers Below – Explanations are always welcome
1. Good evaluation of written material should not be based on :
(A) Linguistic expression
(B) Logical presentation
(C) Ability to reproduce whatever is read
(D) Comprehension of subject
2. Why do teachers use teaching aid ?
(A) To make teaching fun-filled
(B) To teach within understanding level of students
(C) For students’ attention
(D) To make students attentive
3. Attitudes, concepts, skills and knowledge are products of :
(A) Learning (B) Research (C) Heredity (D) Explanation
4. Which among the following gives more freedom to the learner to interact ?
(A) Use of film
(B) Small group discussion
(C) Lectures by experts
(D) Viewing country-wide classroom programme on TV
5. Which of the following is not a product of learning ?
(A) Attitudes (B) Concepts (C) Knowledge (D) Maturation
6. How can the objectivity of the research be enhanced ?
(A) Through its impartiality (B) Through its reliability
(C) Through its validity (D) All of these
7. Action-research is :
(A) An applied research
(B) A research carried out to solve immediate problems
(C) A longitudinal research
(D) All the above
8. The basis on which assumptions are formulated :
(A) Cultural background of the country
(C) Specific characteristics of the castes
(D) All of these
9. Which of the following is classified in the category of the developmental research ?
(A) Philosophical research (B) Action research
(C) Descriptive research (D) All the above
10. We use Factorial Analysis :
(A) To know the relationship between two variables
(B) To test the Hypothesis
(C) To know the difference between two variables
(D) To know the difference among the many variables
Read the following passage and answer the questions 11 to 15 :
While the British rule in India was detrimental to the economic development of the country, it did help in starting of the process of modernizing Indian society and formed several progressive institutions during that process. One of the most beneficial institutions, which were initiated by the British, was democracy. Nobody can dispute that despite its many shortcomings, democracy was and is far better alternative to
the arbitrary rule of the rajas and nawabs, which prevailed in India in the pre-British days. However, one of the harmful traditions of British democracy inherited by India was that of conflict instead of cooperation between elected members. This was its essential feature. The party, which got the support of the majority of elected members, formed the Government while the others constituted a standing opposition. The existence of the opposition to those in power was and is regarded as a hallmark of democracy.
In principle, democracy consists of rule by the people; but where direct rule is not possible, it’s rule by persons elected by the people. It is natural that there would be some differences of opinion among the elected members as in the rest of the society. Normally, members of any organizations have differences of opinion between themselves on different issues but they manage to work on the basis of a consensus and they do not normally form a division between some who are in majority and are placed in power, while treating the others as in opposition. The members of an organization usually work on consensus. Consensus simply means that after an adequate discussion, members agree that the majority opinion may prevail for the time being. Thus persons who form a majority on one issue and whose opinion is allowed to prevail may not be on the same side if there is a difference on some other issue. It was largely by accident that instead of this normal procedure, a two party system came to prevail in Britain and that is now being generally taken as the best method of democratic rule. Many democratically inclined persons in India regret that such a two party system was not brought about in the country. It appears that to have two parties in India – of more or less equal strength – is a virtual impossibility. Those who regret the absence of a two-party system should take the reasons into consideration. When the two party system got established in Britain, there were two groups among the rules (consisting of a limited electorate) who had the same economic interests among themselves and who therefore formed two groups within the selected members of Parliament. There were members of the British aristocracy (which landed interests and consisting of lord, barons etc) and members of the new commercial class consisting of merchants and artisans. These groups were more or less of equal strength and they were able to establish their separate rule at different times.
Answer the following questions :
11. In pre-British period, when India was ruled by the independent rulers :
(A) Peace and prosperity prevailed in the society
(B) People were isolated from political affairs
(C) Public opinion was inevitable for policy making
(D) Law was equal for one and all
12. What is the distinguishing feature of the democracy practiced in Britain ?
(A) End to the rule of might is right.
(B) Rule of the people, by the people and for the people.
(C) It has stood the test of time.
(D) Cooperation between elected members.
13. Democracy is practiced where :
(A) Elected members form a uniform opinion regarding policy matter.
(B) Opposition is more powerful than the ruling combine.
(C) Representatives of masses.
(D) None of these.
14. Which of the following is true about the British rule in India ?
(A) It was behind the modernization of the Indian society.
(B) India gained economically during that period.
(C) Various establishments were formed for the purpose of progress.
(D) None of these.
15. Who became the members of the new commercial class during that time ?
(A) British Aristocrats (B) Lord and barons
(C) Political Persons (D) Merchants and artisans
16. Which one of the following Telephonic Conferencing with a radio link is very popular throughout the world ?
(A) TPS (B) Telepresence
(C) Video conference (D) Video teletext
17. Which is not 24 hours news channel ?
(A) NDTV24x7 (B) ZEE News
(C) Aajtak (D) Lok Sabha channel
18. The main objective of F.M. station in radio is :
(A) Information, Entertainment and Tourism
(B) Entertainment, Information and Interaction
(C) Tourism, Interaction and Entertainment
(D) Entertainment only
19. In communication chatting in internet is :
(A) Verbal communication (B) Non verbal communication
(C) Parallel communication (D) Grapevine communication
20. Match List-I with List-II and selec List-I t the correct answer using the codes gh List-II
(a) Pandit Jasraj (i) Hindustani vocalist
(b) Kishan Maharaj (ii) Sitar
(c) Ravi Shankar (iii) Tabla
(d) Udai Shankar (iv) Dance
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(B) (i) (iii) (iv) (ii)
(C) (i) (iii) (ii) (iv)
(D) (iii) (ii) (i) (iv)
21. Insert the missing number in the following :
3, 8, 18, 23, 33, ?, 48
(A) 37 (B) 40 (C) 38 (D) 45
22. In a certain code, CLOCK is written as KCOLC. How would STEPS be written in that code?
(A) SPEST (B) SPSET (C) SPETS (D) SEPTS
23. The letters in the first set have a certain relationship. On the basis of this relationship mark the right choice for the second set : BDFH : OMKI : : GHIK : ?
(A) FHJL (B) RPNL (C) LNPR (D) LJHF
24. What was the day of the week on 1st January 2001 ?
(A) Friday (B) Tuesday (C) Sunday (D) Wednesday
25. Find out the wrong number in the sequence. 52, 51, 48, 43, 34, 27, 16
(A) 27 (B) 34 (C) 43 (D) 48
26. In a deductive argument conclusion is :
(A) Summing up of the premises
(B) Not necessarily based on premises
(C) Entailed by the premises
(D) Additional to the premises
27. ‘No man are mortal’ is contradictory of :
(A) Some man are mortal (B) Some man are not mortal
(C) All men are mortal (D) No mortal is man
28. A deductive argument is valid if:
(A) premises are false and conclusion true
(B) premises are false and conclusion is also false
(C) premises are true and conclusion is false
(D) premises are true and conclusion is true
29. Structure of logical argument is based on :
(A) Formal validity (B) Material truth
(C) Linguistic expression (D) Aptness of examples
30. Two ladies and two men are playing bridge and seated at North, East, South and West of a table. No lady is facing East. Persons sitting opposite to each other are not of the same sex. One man is facing South. Which direction are the ladies facing to ?
(A) East and West (B) North and West
(C) South and East (D) None of these
Question Nos. 31 to 35 NOT FOR VISUALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATES
Questions 31 and 32 are based on the following venn diagram in which there are three intersecting circles representing Hindi knowing persons, English knowing persons and persons who are working as teachers. Different regions so obtained in the figure are marked as a, b, c, d, e, f and g.
31. If you want to select Hindi and English knowing teachers, which of the following is to be selected ?
(A) g (B) b (C) c (D) e
32. If you want to select persons, who do not know English and are not teachers, which of the region is to be selected?
(A) e (B) g (C) b (D) a
34. In which year the value of engineering goods decreased by 50 percent compared to the previous year?
(A) 2004 (B) 2007 (C) 2005 (D) 2006
35. In which year the quantity of exports was 100 percent higher than the quantity of previous year?
(A) 2004 (B) 2005 (C) 2006 (D) 2007
36. What do you need to put your web pages on the www ?
(A) a connection to internet (B) a web browser (C) a web server (D) all of the above
37. Which was the first company to launch mobile phone services in India ?
(A) Essar (B) BPL (C) Hutchison (D) Airtel
38. Chandrayan I was launched on 22nd October, 2008 in India from :
(A) Bangalore (B) Sri Harikota (C) Chennai (D) Ahmedabad
39. What is blog?
(A) Online music
(C) A personal or corporate website in the form of an online journal
(D) A personal or corporate Google search
40. Which is not online Indian Matrimonial website ?
(A) www.jeevansathi.com (B) www.bharatmatrimony.com
(C) www.shaadi.com (D) www.u.k.singlemuslim.com
41. Environmental impact assessment is an objective analysis of the probable changes in :
(A) physical characteristics of the environment
(B) biophysical characteristics of the environment
(C) socio-economic characteristics of the environment
(D) all the above
42. Bog is a wetland that receives water from :
(A) nearby water bodies (B) melting
(C) rain fall only (D) sea only
43. Which of the following region is in the very high risk zone of earthquakes ?
(A) Central Indian Highland (B) Coastal region
(C) Himalayan region (D) Indian desert
44. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(a) Central Arid Zone Institute (i) Kolkata
(b) Space Application Centre (ii) New Delhi
(c) Indian Institute of Public Administration (iii) Ahmedabad
(d) Headquarters of Indian Science Congress (iv) Jodhpur
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
(B) (iv) (ii) (i) (iii)
(C) (iii) (i) (ii) (iv)
(D) (i) (ii) (iv) (iii)
45. Indian coastal areas experienced Tsunami disaster in the year :
(A) 2005 (B) 2004 (C) 2006 (D) 2007
46. The Kothari Commission’s report was entitled on :
(A) Education and National Development
(B) Learning to be adventure
(C) Diversification of Education
(D) Education and socialization in democracy
47. Which of the following is not a Dualmode University ?
(A) Delhi University (B) Bangalore University
(C) Madras University (D) Indira Gandhi National Open University
48. Which part of the Constitution of India is known as “Code of Administrators” ?
(A) Part I (B) Part II (C) Part III (D) Part IV
49. Which article of the constitution provides safeguards to Naga Customary and their social practices against any act of Parliament ?
(A) Article 371 A (B) Article 371 B (C) Article 371 C (D) Article 263
50. Which one of the following is not the tool of good governance ?
(A) Right to information (B) Citizens’ Charter
(C) Social Auditing (D) Judicial Activism