10 UGC NET Exam Tips To Avoid Silly Mistakes in Paper 1
Common mistakes of NET Candidates while preparing net exam ...
Many-a-times, the only difference between Qualified & Non-Qualified is silly mistakes that you commit in the exam, rather than lack of knowledge…
Then it gets combined with the way you have the plan to study for the exam …to help candidates we have come up with 10 common mistakes that are been done by students…
So ..I have curated UGC NET EXAM TIPS for Paper 1.
First let admit the fact that for NTA UGC NET EXAM, you should have an extensive general knowledge of your subject.
Every keyword every concept, every date and every person involved in the area of your subject…
We mean everything like a computer memory which holds all important topics.
If you think just by following some books and fancy advice’s on the internet will get you going, no it won’t.
If you compare the last few exam cut-offs it’s very much clear that its increasing and no books in the market has helped much on this.
Not only this …
After the introduction of only two paper exams from July 2018 onwards… it’s more imperative to give equal importance to Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Then the recent modification of UGC NET SYLLABUS by UGC made it bulkier…
Also, few new topics have been added in paper syllabus…
As you know there will be 50 questions each of two marks, would be required to answer all …instead of 60 questions asked previously.
In the recent past, I have seen many students take Paper 1 very lightly thinking that it is very easy to clear Paper 1 of NTA UGC NET EXAM.
Of course! It is very easy to clear this paper but it is to be remembered that scoring high marks in this paper will help you in your cumulative/aggregate score and strike ahead in the competition with others.
based on feedback received from my students, I have compiled 10 common mistakes that are been done by them causing poor show at ‘D-Day’ and after that they realize …
UGC NET EXAM TIPS for Paper 1
Table of Contents
- UGC NET EXAM TIPS for Paper 1
- 1 Regular study of Paper 1 was not done by students
- 2 Study schedule for Paper 1 is missing from the timetable
- 3 Importance of Teaching and Research Topics were ignored
- 4 Overconfident students make no Revision of Basic Mathematics
- 5 Data Interpretation basic concept of statistics ignored
- 6 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus Ignored by Arts Students
- 7 Candidates don’t follow policy changes in the Higher Education System
- 8 No Practice of sample paper/previous paper/ test series done
- 9 Study 10th standard books for People and environment ignored
- 10 Study each topic as 5 questions will come from each topic
1 Regular study of Paper 1 was not done by students
This is conman misconception that the paper 1 is too easy to score 80 + marks however when you see the syllabus of net paper 1 you will get to know that its very vast can’t be covered in few days of study.
Don’t lose a golden chance to study paper 1 in last seven days(many students still do).
Regular study is required at least for a few topics of research and teaching aptitude.
2 Study schedule for Paper 1 is missing from the timetable
Paper 2 is important so is paper 1, you should not forget to include schedules for paper 1 in your timetable window.
You may give less time for this but.. don’t forget its importance.
3 Importance of Teaching and Research Topics were ignored
This is especially is the case with science students ..they feel cheated when starting the topics related to research and teaching aptitude ..it make them unhappy and they skip these topics by saying “I will solve other 40 questions.. let’s forget these topics “.
There might be the chance that the questions from these topics will be easy in exam..but you can’t solve them as you skipped those area topics.
Also if you are planning to join PHD …In your academics teaching aptitude & research aptitude will be helpful while writing your thesis.
Which in turns affect the overall score. So don’t neglect
4 Overconfident students make no Revision of Basic Mathematics
There is a very easy question in mathematical reasoning part.. then all you need to know and revision basic mathematics of level 10.
there is recent addition in the philosophy topics in Logical reasoning syllabus…so make sure you include them in your study plan!
5 Data Interpretation basic concept of statistics ignored
Most of the years in past ..it has been observed that DI part is very easy to score.. as they generally based out of Statistics question and calculate average, mean, max etc.
You can refer my tips on DI Part!
6 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus Ignored by Arts Students
Definitions, abbreviations and terminology are very important for Information and Communication Technology so make sure you know them well[ especially for Arts Students]
ICT books of class 12 and basic terminology will help you here…(Computer Science students having the edge here over others)
7 Candidates don’t follow policy changes in the Higher Education System
- India’s higher education system is the third-largest in the world. Its Changing Landscape of Higher Education needs you to be updated with recent changes. UGC site can be accessed for updated info.
- You should also follow some Govt. sites related to Higher Education in India
- School Education System Update Indian Gov Updates.
8 No Practice of sample paper/previous paper/ test series done
Solving the last 15 years of previous papers will make your success definite.. treat practice set as the real exam and solve as many as questions you can.
There are many blogs and practice set available for this.
You can solve multiple tests on online mock test for free, wherein you are shown the test analysis as to how much time you are spending on each question and the time spent on correct answers, wrong answers and unattended questions, which can help you immensely in managing time better.
Going forwards test will be only in online mode so make sure to join online test offered by various Coaching institute!
As you practice and take tests on, watch your score improve exponentially!
9 Study 10th standard books for People and environment ignored
Basic knowledge of People and environment is judged based on a few general questions based on environmental study.. most of the time it has been seen the questions were o taken from standard 10 textbooks.
10 Study each topic as 5 questions will come from each topic
Don’t Skip Any topic as all the 10 Section are equally important and marks and question distribution for all of them are same.on but never quit.
Keep notes of this silly thing in your mind and I hope you can easily get good marks in paper 1 to ACE YOUR NET EXAM!
All the Best!
You can read more details –
- NTA UGC NET EXAM Online Test- Impressive Mock Test series 2020
- Top 10 Free Best Resources to Crack NET Exam | Must Follow
- 5 Facts About UGC NET Result That’ll Keep You Up at Night
- 10 Tips how to crack the UGC NET Exam in the first attempt
- Challenge Answer keys and response for UGC NET 2019 | Live Now
- NTA UGC NET Exam Review & Analysis ( 24th June 2019 -Candidate Experience)
- 5 Reasons Why Practice of UGC NET Previous Year Papers is a must?
- Top 7 YouTube Video Channels for UGC NET Exam
- Success Mantra’s to crack NTA UGC NET Exam
- How to register for NTA Test Practise Center(TPC)
- Things to Know When preparing for UGC NET EXAM 2019
- Tips for UGC NET Exam By Karan Vir Singh Madaan
Many of life’s failures are those people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Give your best to UGC NET Exam Paper 1 to strike ahead in the competition!