The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the UGC NET Exam for Commerce every year to determine the eligibility of candidates for the position of Assistant Professor and award Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. The exam comprises two papers, i.e., Paper-I and Paper-II, and assesses the knowledge and skills of candidates in various Commerce-related subjects.
The NTA UGC NET Commerce Syllabus is vast and covers a wide range of topics, including Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Economics, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and more.
To clear the exam with flying colours, candidates need to have a solid understanding of the syllabus and must be well-versed in the latest exam pattern.
In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to crack the UGC NET Commerce Exam.
Before delving into the syllabus, let’s take a quick look at the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus. The exam comprises two papers, i.e., Paper-I and Paper-II, each of which has a different format and exam pattern.
Paper-I is a general aptitude test that assesses the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate. The paper comprises 50 multiple-choice questions, each carrying 2 marks. The duration of the paper is 1 hour, and the maximum marks are 100.
Paper II is subject-specific and assesses the knowledge and skills of the candidate in the Commerce domain. The paper comprises 100 multiple-choice questions, each carrying 2 marks. The duration of the paper is 2 hours, and the maximum marks are 200.
The NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus is vast and covers a wide range of topics. The syllabus for Paper-I is common for all subjects, while the syllabus for Paper II is subject-specific.
The Paper-I Syllabus comprises the following topics:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
See More Details on Paper 1 Syllabus – UGC NET Syllabus 2023 – Paper 1 and 2 Syllabus- Tips &Tricks
Paper-II: NTA UGC NET Commerce Syllabus
The Paper-II Syllabus comprises the following topics:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Economics
- Business Environment and Law
- Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Income Tax Law and Planning
- Auditing and Corporate Governance
- Statistics and Research Methodology
Download UGC NET Commerce Syllabus – SYLLABUS
Tips to Crack the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus
Cracking the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus can be a daunting task, but with the right strategy and approach, it can be achieved. Here are some tips to help you ace the exam:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly: The first step to acing any exam is to understand its pattern and syllabus thoroughly. Make sure you are well-versed in the latest exam pattern and syllabus for the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus.
- Create a study plan: Create a study plan that suits your schedule and allows you to cover the entire syllabus in a systematic manner. Make sure you allocate sufficient time for each topic
- Practice previous years’ question papers: Practicing previous years’ question papers is an excellent way to understand the exam pattern and get an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam. Make sure you practice enough previous years’ question papers to gain confidence and improve your speed.
- Focus on conceptual clarity: Commerce subjects require a strong conceptual understanding. Make sure you focus on building a strong foundation and understanding the concepts thoroughly.
- Take mock tests: Mock tests are an excellent way to assess your preparation level and identify your weak areas. Take mock tests regularly and analyze your performance to improve your scores.
- Stay updated with current affairs: Current affairs play a significant role in the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus. Stay updated with the latest happenings in the world of commerce, economics, and business to score well in the exam.
- Revise regularly: Revision is key to retaining what you have learned. Make sure you revise regularly to reinforce the concepts and topics you have covered.
Best Books for UGC NET Commerce 2023 Syllabus
If you are preparing for the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus, choosing the right study materials and books is crucial. With a vast syllabus to cover, it can be challenging to find the right resources to help you prepare effectively. Here are some of the best books for the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus:
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET Commerce: Paper II by Sajit Kumar and M. Shivani: This book covers the entire syllabus of Paper II of the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus. The book is designed to help you understand the concepts and theories of commerce subjects and includes solved examples and practice questions to help you prepare well.
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 2: Commerce by KVS Madaan: This book is an excellent resource for Paper II of the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus. It covers all the topics in detail and includes numerous practice questions and solved examples to help you prepare effectively.
- UGC NET/JRF/SET Commerce: Paper II by P. C. Tulsian and Bharat Tulsian: This book is an excellent resource for commerce students preparing for the NTA UGC NET Exam. It covers the entire syllabus of Paper II in detail and includes numerous solved examples, practice questions, and mock tests to help you prepare well.
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET Commerce by R. Gupta: This book is an all-inclusive guide to help commerce students prepare for the NTA UGC NET Exam. It includes detailed coverage of all the topics in the syllabus, numerous practice questions, and solved examples to help you prepare effectively.
How to Score More than 120 Marks in UGC NET Commerce?
Scoring more than 120 marks in the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus can be a challenging task. However, with the right approach and preparation, it’s possible to achieve this score. Here are some tips that can help you score more than 120 marks on the exam:
- Know the Syllabus: The first and foremost thing you need to do is to have a thorough understanding of the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus. Make sure you go through the syllabus thoroughly and understand the important topics and their weightage in the exam.
- Study Material: Once you know the syllabus, the next step is to gather the right study material. There are various books and study materials available in the market, and you need to choose the ones that cover the entire syllabus in detail.
- Create a Study Plan: Creating a study plan can help you manage your time effectively and cover the entire syllabus. Divide the syllabus into smaller sections and allocate a specific time for each section. Make sure you stick to your study plan and revise regularly.
- Practice Previous Year Papers: Solving previous year papers can help you understand the exam pattern, the types of questions asked, and the difficulty level of the exam. Make sure you solve as many previous year papers as possible and analyze your performance.
- Mock Tests: Taking mock tests can help you assess your preparation level and identify your strengths and weaknesses. Make sure you take mock tests regularly and work on improving your weaker areas.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial in the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus. Make sure you manage your time effectively during the exam and attempt the questions that you are confident about first.
- Stay Positive: Lastly, stay positive and confident throughout your preparation journey. Believe in yourself and your abilities, and don’t let stress and anxiety affect your performance.
Scoring more than 120 marks in the NTA UGC NET Exam Commerce Syllabus is not an easy task, but it’s possible with the right approach and preparation. Make sure you know the syllabus, gather the right study material, create a study plan, practice previous year papers and mock tests, manage your time effectively, and stay positive and confident. With consistent effort and dedication, you can achieve your goal of scoring more than 120 marks in the exam