The Main objective of UGC NET EXAM Paper 1 is to access teaching and research quality of aspirants. This has been seen over last 10 years there was no change in syllabus and the course content of Paper1 remains same. This post is aimed at collecting all required details for teaching apptitude in single page to answer below query from many students !
So, How to prepare well for teaching aptitude topics for future CBSE UGC NET/JRF exams?
After reading this post you will have complete details on below :
- Teaching Apptitude syllabus
- Detailed Analysis of Paper
- Suggested Study Materials
- Frequently Asked MCQ based on Teaching Apptitude
- Solved Question Papers [Last 10 Year Solved Papers]
Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model
— Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
Lets Start !
First thing first … So, What is the syllabus of Teaching Apptitude Topic in UGC NET EXAM ?
- Teaching : Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics; Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of teaching
- Teaching aids
- Evaluation systems
Ok.. Next..How many are asked in Examination from Paper 1 ?
This has been observed in last 6 exam(Considring only recent one !) 5-7 Questions are asked from teaching aptitude.
So what are the importnat topics to focus on …
- Teaching – Nature & Objectives – Steps in Teaching, Factors affecting Teaching. Teacher
characteristics, Identification of learner needs, creating appropriate learning situations, effective teacher, progressive teacher, teaching styles.
- Teacher Roles – Motivator, Facilitator, Democratic leader, Guide, Counsellor, Mentor, Social Engineer-Classroom Implications.
- Methods and Techniques of Teaching: Learner Centered Teaching Strategies, Projects, Group Discussion, Activity, Co-operative Learning, Seminars, Debates etc. Effective use of ICT, AV Aids, Improvisation, Tools and Techniques of Evaluation, Concept of CCE and Assessment
- Classroom Management, Skills in Planning and Implementation, Decision Making, Positive Feedback.
- Personality of the Teacher – Emotional Maturity, Balanced Personality, Attitude, Values and Professional Ethics.
- Understanding teaching and learning in the context of NCF 2005, KCF 2007 and right to education act 2009
Some Important Teaching Apptitude Study Material links by ugcnetpaper1 Team :[MCQ Based on Teaching Aptitude Coming soon !!!]
- Teaching Aptitude | DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEACHING TECHNIQUES
- Teaching Apptitude Study Material, Analysis, MCQ & Solved Paper for CBSE NET EXAM
- MCQ CBSE UGC-NET Special Edition – Teaching and Research Aptitude- Part 1
Some Useful Teaching Apptitude Study Material Avaliable Online:[Shared by Others in PDF or Docx form]
- 09_chapter 2
- Notes Shared By Neha Gupta
- UGC NET JRF Exam – Paper 1: Teaching Aptitude Practice Questions & Answers
- Practice Questions & Answers-Hindi
Some Useful Teaching Apptitude Videos:
Teaching Aptitude Study Material for Other Competitive Exams
Those who are intrested in detailed study of Teaching Apptitude Books can refer below IGNOU Study Materials.
Important UGC NET Books Refereance :
- CBSE UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude
- Trueman’s UGC NET/SLET General Paper I
Please feel free to reach ugcnetpaper1 team in case more information is required. We will be happy to help you !