NTA conducted Phase I of UGC-NET December 2020 and June 2021 between 20 November 2021 and 05
December 2021, Phase II between 24 December to 27 December 2021 and Phase III on 04 and 05 January,
The candidates who appeared for the UGC-NET December 2020 and June 2021 Examination may log in into
the website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in using their Application Number and Date of Birth and click the link for
display of their question papers and marked responses and the provisional answer keys.
Candidates are required to pay a processing fee of Rs 1000/- (Rs. One Thousand only) per challenged answer.
The Challenges made by the candidates, along with the documents uploaded to support, will be verified by
a panel of subject expert/s. If found correct, the answer key will be revised accordingly and the processing
fee paid for the challenge will be refunded.
The payment can be made online, through a payment gateway, using a Debit card/Credit Card/Net
Banking/Paytm/UPI. No challenge will be considered without receipt of the processing fee
Procedure for Challenge of Answer Keys of UGC NET
December 2020- June 2021 Phase I Examinations
- Please go to NTA website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Login with your Application Number and Date of Birth and enter Security Pin as displayed and submit.
- Click on “View Question Paper” for marked responses and to view or challenge the Answer keys, click on the
link “Click to view /Challenge Answer Key”.
- You will see Question IDs in sequential order.
- The ID next to the question under the column ‘Correct Option(s)’ stands for the correct Answer Key to be used
by NTA. The Dropped Questions are highlighted and not for challenge.
- If you wish to challenge this option, you may use any one or more of the Option IDs given in the next four
columns by clicking the check box.
- After clicking your desired option, scroll down, ‘Save your Claims’ and move to next screen.
- You will see a display of all the Option IDs you have challenged.
- You may want to upload supporting documents in which you can select ‘Choose File’ and upload (all
documents to be put in a single pdf file).
- Click on ‘Save your Claims and pay fee’ or in case to modify the claims, click on ‘Modify your Claims’.
- After saving the claims, you will find a screen displaying your challenges.
- Kindly pay the fee by clicking on ‘Pay Fee’. The claims will be saved finally after successful payment of
- Select Mode of Payment and Pay your fee @ Rs. 1,000/- for each question challenged. Make payment
through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- In case your challenge is found correct, your fee will be refunded in the same account.