NTA UGC NET EXAM 2021 | Latest Update
NTA UGC NET Exam Notifications | Exam Date | Latest News
NTA UGC NET 2021 Exam (Registration Started), Admit Card, Syllabus & Mock Test
Due to the postponement of December 2020 UGC-NET in view of COVID-19, the schedule of June 2021 UGCNET has been delayed. In order to regularize the UGC-NET examination cycles, the National Testing
Agency (NTA), with the concurrence of UGC, has merged both UGC-NET of December 2020 and June
2021 cycles so that they be conducted together in CBT mode. The Application process is therefore being
reopened for the new applicants to fill in and submit their forms.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the UGC NET Examination to select bonafide candidates for Assistant Professors and JRFs. Candidates with Postgraduate degrees can appear in this examination and step towards a successful career.
The agency conducts the examination two times a year for about 81 subjects. Candidates choose the subject according to their qualifications at the time of filling the UGC NET Form.
Commonly known as UGC NET, University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) is an entrance test conducted in order to select the eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor for Colleges/Universities level lectureship and for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
Latest Updates on UGC NET 2021 Exam-
- 12/08/2021 – The registration process for the UGC NET June 2021 has been initiated by the National Testing Agency(NTA) on August 10, 2021. Candidates can apply for the National Eligibility Test (NET 2021) through the official website of UGC NET on ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- 10/08/21 – NTA has has taken the decision to merge the December 2020 and June 2021 cycle examination for UGC NET. Both the exams will be conducted together in the CBT model.
- 17/06/21 – UGC has launched an academic job portal for NET, SET and PhD qualified candidates.
- 02/06/21 – NTA is soon expected to announce the new exam dates of the UGC NET 2021 (Dec 2020 cycle).
About University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (NTA UGC NET)
- Exam Name: University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET)
- Conducted by: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Frequency: Twice a year (June & December)
- Exam level: National
- Purpose: For posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Application mode: Online
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held in CBT mode. (Online)
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers in the test.
- Language Medium: The paper will be present in the language as chosen by the candidate either in Hindi or English.
- Type of Questions: There will be multiple-choice, objective types of questions in the paper.
- Time Duration: The time duration of the exam will be 3 hours without any break. (180 minutes (3 hours))
- Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions in the paper. Paper 1 will have 50 questions and Paper 2 will contain 100 questions.
- Marks: The paper will be of a total of 300 marks. Paper 1 will be 100 marks and Paper 2 will be 200 marks.
- Marking Pattern: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
- Average no of test-takers (single session) : Over 8 lakhs
- NTA helpdesk: 0120-6895200
- Official website: ugcnet.nta.nic.in
UGC NET EXAM 2021
The UGC NET notification for the Year 2021 has already been released. Earlier, the examination was scheduled on May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, and 17; however, the dates are cancelled due to the COVID Situation. New UGC NET Exam Schedule for 06 Oct till 11 Oct.
If you are willing to prepare for the UGC Examination, you are at the right destination. Here you will be getting all the essential details about the UGC NET Exam with eligibility, selection process, result, etc. So, let’s get started.
UGC NET 2021 Dates
|SR. No.||Details||Exam Date 2021|
|1||Notification Publication Dates||10 Aug 2021|
|2||Starting On-Line Application||10 Aug 2021|
|3||Last Date of On-line Form Submission||05 Sep 2021 (Up to 11:50 PM)|
|4||Last Date of Fee Payment||06 Sep 2021|
|5||Application Form Correction Window||07 Sep to 12 Sep 2021|
|6||Admit Card Download||To Be Announced|
|7||Exam Date 2021||06 October to 11 October 2021|
|8||Answer Key Publising Date||Will be updated|
|9||Final Result||Will be updated|
|10||Download Certificate||Will be updated|
UGC NET Eligibility Required
UGC NET Exam Age Limit: For UGC NET JRF Exam, the candidate’s age must not be more than 31 years. Relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates belonging to the OBC/SC/ST/PwD/Third gender categories and women applicants.
For the Assistant professor, there is no bar in the upper limit.
UGC NET Exam Qualification Required
Candidates who have scored 55% in their Master’s degree from an affiliated university can apply for the NET UGC Exam. You can check the UGC NET Official website to get more details about the subjects. Relaxation of 5% marks will be given to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category.
UGC NET Selection
There are several screening rounds involved in the UGC NET Selection process. After qualifying for the written test, the candidate needs to appear in the counseling rounds as well. The written test is also divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2.
UGC NET Exam pattern
UGC NET Paper 1:
|No. of Questions||50|
|Duration/ 1st Shift||1 hour (9.30 am to 10.30 am)|
|Duration/ 2nd Shift||1 hour (2.30 pm to 3.30 pm)|
UGC NET Paper 2:
|No. of Questions||50|
|Duration/ 1st Shift||2 hours (11.00 am to 1.00 pm)|
|Duration/ 2nd Shift||2 hours (4.00 pm to 6.00 pm)|
Some points to be noted:
- It is necessary for the candidate to score at least the minimum marks in both papers (as per category).
- On the basis of the candidate’s score, a subject-wise and category-wise merit list will be prepared.
- Once the merit list is prepared, the top 15% of candidates from each subject and category will be considered as qualified for Assistant Professor
- For the Junior Research Fellows (JRF), a separate merit list will be prepared and declared by the examination authorities.
Read more details here- Extensive Analysis Of UGC NET Exam Pattern | Updated (ugcnetpaper1.com)
UGC NET Seat Reservation
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer||27%|
|General – Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|PwD with 40% or more disability||04%|
UGC NET Exam Fee
At the time of completing the UGC NET Registration, candidates need to pay the application fees. The amount of the application can be paid through eChallan, Debit/ Credit card. The amount to be paid is:
|General Category||Rs. 1000|
|OBC/ NCL||Rs. 500|
|PwD/ SC/ ST/ Transgender||Rs. 200.|
Documents to be submitted at the time of Registration:
Before proceeding towards filling the registration form, candidates need to submit the following details and upload the given documents. Only the scanned copies of the documents in JPG/JPEG format must be uploaded.
- Copy of Board/ University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, and Date of Birth
- Identity proof like Bank A/c passbook with photograph/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Aadhaar Card Number/Voter ID Card Number/ Other Govt ID
- Qualifying Degree Certificate
- Mailing address (Permanent address must be mentioned at the mailing address)
- Four cities for Centres of your choice
- Code of NET Subject
- Code of the subject at Post Graduation level
- Code of Post Graduation Course
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate, if applicable
- A person with Disability (PwD) Certificate, if applicable
- the email address and Mobile Number of the candidate
How to apply for UGC NET Exam 2021?
UGC NET Apply Online Procedure 2020-21
Candidates willing to participate in the UGC NET exam need to submit the UGC NET Online application form 2021 by following the given steps.
Step1: Visit UGC NET Official Website
First and foremost, it is necessary for the aspirants to visit the official website of NTA Agency is https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/. Move your cursor towards the “Apply Online” tab given.
Download the UGC NET Official Notification
Read each and every detail given properly and carefully. Also, ensure that you are eligible for the examination.
Step2: UGC NET Registration
After reading the information given in the UGC NET notification, register yourself by using the n Email ID and Mobile No.
You will receive a system-generated Application Number, note it down and keep it safe.
Upload the scanned photograph and signature to complete the UGC NET Online Apply Process. The size of the file must be:
- Photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb)
- Candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb)
Step3: Payment of UGC NET Exam Application Fee
Once all the documents and required details are filled in properly, pay the application fees through the preferred mode.
Step5: Submission of NET Online Application Form
At last, take a look over all the details you mentioned in the UGC NET application form.
Finally, submit the application form UGC NET and take a printout of it for further usage.
UGC NET Admit Card
Prior to conducting the UGC NET examination, the NTA Agency will issue the UGC NET Admit Card at the official website. Candidates can easily avail their UGC NET hall tickets by entering their application number and other credentials. Without the UGC NET 2021 admit card, no candidate will be permitted to appear in the UGC NET Examination.
Steps to download the UGC NET 2020 admit card:-
- Visit the official website.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the following credentials, i.e., your Email id, password, and press Sign in.
- Then complete the UGC NET Admit card download process.
Details to be checked on the UGC NET Exam hall ticket include:
- Name of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Candidate’s Father name
- Exam name
- UGC NET Exam date
- UGC NET Exam Shift
- UGC NET Exam center name
- Exam authority signature
Candidates are suggested to read all the instructions given at the UGC NET Admit Card properly. While appearing in the examination, candidates also need to carry their Recent Passport Sized photograph along with original identity proof like Driving License, Voter Card, PAN Card, Aadhar Card with their UGC NET Admit Card. PWD Candidates need to carry their proof of disability along.
UGC NET Answer Key
After conducting the examination, the NTA Authorities will release the provisional UGC NET Answer key. Candidates can use the UGC NET Solution Key and evaluate their marks. In case they find any issue with the key, then they can challenge it by following the procedure declared. On the basis of the challenges, the authorities will release the Final NTA UGC NET Answer key. No candidate can raise objections against the final key.
UGC NET Result
After the declaration of the final Answer Key UGC NET, the NTA Authorities will declare the UGC NET Merit List and UGC NET Result. The declaration will be made on the official website only.
- To download the UGC NET result, aspirants need to visit the NTA website
- Select the UGC NET results link
- Check out your UGC NET scorecard.
Preparation of NTA UGC Results
For each session, the exam result will be declared in the form of:
- Raw Scores
- Percentiles Scores of Total raw scores
UGC NET Cut Off
Along with the UGC NET Exam Result, the exam authorities will also declare the UGC NET Exam cut-off.
|Category||Paper I (Out of 100 marks)||Paper-II (Out of 100 marks)||Paper III (Out of 150 marks)|
|General/Open||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|Reserved (OBC Non-creamy layer, PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
UGC NET Sample Papers
The UGC NET Sample papers play an important role in making your UGC NET Preparation strong and hassle-free. You can download and study the sample paper UGC NET for better results. The sample papers will help you in getting an idea about the pattern of examination and the type of questions asked.
You can also access our complete list of solved question papers.
Frequently Asked Question on NTA NET Exam
What is the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
UGC NET is the abbreviation of the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. It determines who becomes a qualified lecturer of gets the Junior Research Fellowship post in various Indian colleges and universities.
Must you have the Aadhaar number during the NTA UGC NET EXAM application?
As much as the Aadhaar number can be crucial when applying for the exams, it is not mandatory. On the contrary, you can use any other valid identity number, including your bank account number, passport number, or ration card number.
Does my age matter when applying for the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
The answer depends on the post that you want. If you are considering the assistant professor, you have no reason to worry about any age limit. However, the Junior Research Fellowship is only available to people below 30 years.
Is it possible to apply for more than one subject during the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
The answer to that answer is a resounding no. For every given time, you can only apply for a single subject.
How difficult is the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
As far as the difficulty level of this exam is concerned, the NTA UGC NET EXAM can be termed to be between high and moderate.
What if the first attempt of the NTA UGC NET EXAM doesn’t go well?
If you don’t succeed after your exams, you have no reason to worry or give up. After all, you can always give it another shot whenever you feel ready to do it again. If you are interested in becoming an assistant professor, you can do it as many times as you want. Nevertheless, you can only attempt to join the Junior Research Fellowship thrice. After that, you are expected to give up.
What salary should I expect if I pass the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
Again, it will depend on your post. As far as the assistant professor post is concerned, the salary is approximately INR 30000 to 45000. On the other hand, Junior Research Fellowship gets to pocket a stipend of up to INR 25000.
Which mode of examination has the NTA UGC NET EXAM adopted?
The mode of exam is the Computer Based Mode. Therefore, you can only do the NTA UGC NET EXAM online.
How long does the Junior Research Fellowship award letter remain valid upon passing the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
If you pass your exams for the Junior Research Fellowship, your award letter remains valid for a period of up to three years. The time is counted concerning the date of issue.
How long does it take to complete your NTA UGC NET EXAM?
The total period of the two papers you have to sit for is 3 hours. Within that period, you will have completed the exam, which will determine whether you qualify to become a lecturer in Indian educational institutions such as colleges and universities or not.
What are the cut-off marks for the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
NTA releases the cut-off marks after every exam. Therefore, there is no actual mark set hence the need to do your best to be safe. It is also important to note that the cut-off marks differ from one subject to the other.
How does the syllabus of the NTA UGC NET EXAM entail?
NTA has subdivided the UGC NET EXAM into two papers. Paper one is often called general paper and paper. As the name suggests, paper 1 is done by all the candidates regardless of their particular subjects. On the other hand, paper 2 depends on your specific subject hence differs from one to the other.
What are the benefits of qualifying for the NTA UGC NET EXAM?
Upon passing these exams, the candidates stand a chance of benefitting in various ways. For instance, one gets the Junior Research Fellowship. One can also become a research scholar or assistant professor. It may also mean getting a promotion if already working or getting an opportunity in PSUs.
What is the number of subjects to be examined?
As far as the NTA UGC NET EXAM 2020 exams are concerned, the total number of subjects to be tested stands at 81.
What is the eligibility of applying for the NTA UGC NET EXAM for the Junior Research Fellowship?
First and foremost, your age must be 30 years and below. In addition to that, you need an aggregate of at least 55% from your master’s degree. However, the minimum for PWD, St, and SC among other vulnerable groups is 50%
Is a PG diploma graduate eligible for the application of the NTA UGC NET EXAM
The answer is a resounding yes because it is usually considered equivalent to a master’s degree. However, you must have done it from a recognized university.
We hope the above-given details will prove to be beneficial for you. In case of any query, you can write to us. For more related details you can also visit our other web pages. We will be happy to help you.