Notification For UGC- NET July -2018 | Information Bulletin Released
CBSE UGC NET Exam Notifications | Exam Date | Latest News
UGC NET EXAM 2018 | Exam | Results | Answer Keys | Admit Card | Certificate | Eligibility Criteria
1 Notification For UGC- NET July -2018
For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both
- Important Dates
- Submission of online application form 05.03.2018
- Last date for Applying Online 05.04.2018
- Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank) or through credit/debit card 06.04.2018
- Correction in Particulars of application form on the website 25/04/2018 to 01/05/2018
- Date of Examination 08.07.2018
2 Latest Notifications on CBSE UGC NET Exam 2018
- The UGC NET 2018 examination is scheduled to be held on Sunday, July 8 by CBSE.
- For the first time, major changes have been introduced regarding exam pattern and age limit eligibility. Check out the following changes:
- Instead of 3 papers, there will be only 2 papers – paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1: It will be of 100 marks and will contain 50 objective type compulsory questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and will be of general nature and will test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.The duration of the same will be one hour (9:30 am to 10:30 am).
- Paper 2: It will be of 100 marks and will contain 100 objective type compulsory questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and will be based on the subject opted by the candidate. The duration of the same will be two hours (11 am to 1 pm).
- Age limit increased: The age limit has been raised by 2 years. Earlier, the upper age limit for appearing for JRF was 28 years, but now, it has been increased to 30 years.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) To Conduct UGC NET EXAMS from the year 2019, Govt has approved the setting up of ‘National Testing Agency (NTA)’ by providing initial fund, the sole authority to conduct entrance examinations such as UGC NET, GATE, JEE, NEET, CAT etc.
- NTA will be set up as a Society, registered under the Indian Societies Act, 1860. to start its operation, NTA is given Rs 25 crore by the Central Government for starting its operations. It is worth mentioning here that setting up of NTA, will benefit around 40 Lakh candidates, who appear for various exams. Moreover, it will also relieve the CBSE of the burden of various competitive exams.
- To assist Rural Students, Examination Centers will be set up at District / Sub-District level and hands-on training will also to be provided to those living at far off places.
- Please keep visiting Offical Website – https://cbsenet.nic.in/cms/public/home.aspx for more information.
3 Updates for NOV 2017 Exam[Last update on 31Dec 2017]
- CBSE UGC NET NOV 2017 RESULT DECLARED | CHECK YOUR CUTOFF & SCORE
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has declared the results of University Grants Commission’s (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) examination held on November 5, 2017.
- Check Result Here
- You can match your recorded answers with Official Answer keys!
- All the candidates who appeared in UGC–NET(November), 2017 held on 05/11/2017 are informed that the scanned images of OMR answer sheets of the candidates with their recorded responses & answer keys are available on the website cbsenet.nic.in from 12/12/2017 to 18/12/2017.
- There is a provision for the candidates to challenge the recorded responses if these differ from the ones they had marked on the OMR sheet. The challenge of scanned images of OMR answer sheets & answer key will be accepted online only, through the link available on the website cbsenet.nic.in from 12/12/2017 to 18/12/2017(11:59 PM).
- For more details check here –How to Challenge Answer keys and Recorded Response step by step guide
- Question Paper of 2017 Nov Exam has been Uploaded by CBSE [Here]
4 Few Key Points on Nov 2017 Exam
- Last UGC NET Exam -National Eligibility Test(NET) was conducted on 05th November 2017 (SUNDAY)for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges.
- Approximately 9.3 Lakh candidates had enrolled for UGC NET November 2017 exam and CBSE had marked 75% attendance on the exam day across the country. Approximately 5,19,557 candidates were registered to be females; 4,09,439 males and 3 candidates were transgenders
- Addhar Card was made mandatory for 2017 Exam.
- Total- 100 Subjects & 91 Cities across India
5 Basic Information on NET EXAM
As per the guidelines of Central Government, UGC for the first time introduced the Junior Research Fellowship program as a basic qualification to conduct research in Universities and Institutions in the year 1984. In 1988 Central Government made its mandate to clear the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship, and in 1989 NET(National Eligibility Test) was conducted for the first time. The National Educational Testing Bureau of UGC supervises the NET
The test is conducted for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas in various Colleges and Universities across India.
6 What are the Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET
National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a gateway test in our country to start the career as Lecturers or Assistant Professors in various Colleges, Universities and other Educational Institutions. This NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted twice a year i.e. in the months of June and December and the notifications are released in March and September. UGC grants Junior Research Fellowship to the NET passed out candidates who are interested in research work in various Universities and Colleges. Those who qualify are categorized in two sections. ·
- Those whose rank is higher gets the NET-JRF after which one can apply in various institutions for admission to Ph.D. programs. NET is only a qualifying exam- it does not ensure one’s admission in any university. For that one has to face the interview board.
- Students who qualify as JRF are also eligible for lectureship. Moreover, JRF qualification is considered more prestigious as JRF qualified students are entitled to a monthly stipend of 25,000 p.m. for a period of two years. On Completion of two years as JRF and if the fellow is registered for PhD, the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) and the stipend is increased to Rs. 28,000/- p.m for the 3rd and subsequent years.
- After Qualifying National Eligibility Test(NET) enables a person to be eligible to apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere across India.
- The Candidates qualifying Assistant Professor exclusively will not be considered for the award of JRF.
Now a day’s many Corporate companies are opting NET cleared candidates for their vacancies or positions. Mainly for research investigation.After NET you will be eligible for a salary according to the sixth pay commission rule of the Government of India for teaching and lectureship.PSUs can utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
PSUs also utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
7 CBSE UGC NET Exam Eligibility
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Minimum 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC
- Minimum 50 % marks for Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test provided they will get required % marks in the exam.
- Candidates are advised to appear on the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in syllabus may appear in a related subject.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION:
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 30 years . A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of the Ph. D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st Dec 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
- Please Check Offifical notification at UGC NET WEBSITE.
8 NET EXAM SCHEME
9 UGC NET Question Paper for Previous Year
According to the coaching experts, solving previous 10 Year Question Papers of UGC NET gives you confidence and enhances your examination temperament. Solving more and more questions in a stipulated time frame is a must to do in order to get the real examination temperament. This will create a sense of self-assurance. By solving sample papers on a regular basis, students get familiar with the exam pattern and get an overview of how the actual UGC NET exam would be.
if you wish to download them from the source you can visit CBSE UGC NET Portal
10 UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips – Must Read!
Frankly speaking NET EXAM is one of the prominent and the tough examinations, of India. Qualifying this examination in the first attempt is not an easy job.
Below are few handpicked articles published by our team to help you understand and guide for examination by based on analysis of previous year paper and patterns !
- How to Prepare for UGC NET Exam? An Extensive Guide!
- How to Challenge Answer keys and Recorded Response
- Top 5 YouTube Video Channels for UGC NET Exam to Subscribe
- 10 Mistakes You Should Not Do In Preparation of UGC NET Paper 1
- Tips and Techniques to prepare for UGC NET By Karan Vir Singh Madaan
- Teaching Apptitude Study Material, Analysis, MCQ & Solved Paper for CBSE NET EXAM
- 5 Reasons Why Practice of UGC NET Previous Year Papers is a must?
- Frequently Asked Questions about CBSE UGC NET EXAM 2017
- How to Qualify CBSE UGC NET 2017 July Exam
- Recommended Books for All Subjects UGC NET
- UGC Net Qualifying Criteria And Cut-Off Percentages | Updated
Solve the preceding year’s exam papers as it is mandatory to do so. This is the first step toward success as by solving them, the candidate can know that how complex the exam paper can be.Build your confidence level as your nervousness spoils your performance completely.
- Download the syllabus, understand the exam pattern and purchase the books for each section. These primary steps are mandatory to be done.
- It is beneficial to join the crash courses as the candidate can clear their doubts with the help of educational experts.
- Try to prepare all the topics as questions come from each and every topic. But don’t mess up all these topics. Prepare it well.
- Attempt less time – consuming questions first as time plays the vital role. Time management is mandatory.
- Prepare each and every topic in details as the question can come from anywhere.
- Solve the sample papers and online practice papers as this will boost the speed as well as accuracy level of the candidate.
- Make your command over the concepts and must prepare the basic concepts first.
- Keep practicing and improve your weak areas as it is obligatory to eradicate the weak points.
Summarize all the points in your mind and don’t get confused.
11 Useful Resource provided by UGCNETPAPER1 Team
- Dedicated web portal for Online test specifically designed for PAPER1. Be aware that from 2019 Exam will be only in online mode by NTA. By the way did we mentioned its totally free of cost ! No Charges to candidates !
- Portal is live and test are added frequently here – http://onlinetest.ugcnetpaper1.com/
- We have also launched BETA mobile Application to read our articles and solved papers on the go – Android mobile application is live at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ugcnetpaper1.wordpress&hl=en
12 Important Study Materials for PAPER 1 of NET EXAM
- Teaching Aids
- Teaching Aptitude Learner’s Characteristics
- Teaching Aptitude | DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEACHING TECHNIQUES
- Top 10 Important Government Bodies You Must Know About
- How to Solve Data Interpretation Questions in CBSE UGC JRF/NET
- Important Govt. Schemes by PMO of India | Study Notes for UGC NET
- Important Topics On Governance, Polity & Administration| Study Notes-1
- MCQ ON COMMUNICATION
- BARRIERS TO COMMUNICATION | Study Material for UGC NET PAPER 1
- Key Study Material of Research Aptitude For UGC NET Exam-2
- Key Study Material of Research Aptitude For UGC NET Exam-1
- MCQ CBSE UGC-NET Special Edition – Teaching and Research Aptitude- Part 1
- Study Material for Higher Education System, Governance, Administration
- Important Study Material for Communication Part-2
- Important Study Material for Communication
- 200+ Common Abbreviations and Terminology in ICT for UGC NET
- Key Notes for UGC Paper 1 People and Environment
- Important Key Facts of Higher Education System in India for UGC NET
- Important Notes for CBSE UGC NET PAPER 1 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY :Part 2
- Important Notes for CBSE UGC NET PAPER 1 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY :Part 1
13 FAQ & Contact Information
We have answered most of frequently asked question based on ugc net exam & they are kept here for quick reference.
if you still have any doubt please feel free to reach out officials at below address :-
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
NET Unit, Plot No. 149, Block – H,
Sector – 63, Noida-201309,
Dist.- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.),
Telephone No.: 7042399520, 7042399521,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.cbsenet.nic.in