Notification For NTA NET EXAM 2018 | Information Bulletin Released
NTA UGC NET Exam Notifications | Exam Date | Latest News
NTA NET EXAM 2018 | Exam | Results | Answer Keys | Admit Card | Certificate | Eligibility Criteria
Table of Contents
- NTA NET EXAM 2018 | Exam | Results | Answer Keys | Admit Card | Certificate | Eligibility Criteria
- Latest Update on NTA NET EXAM DEC 2018
- Whats New In Latest Notifications on NTA UGC NET Exam 2018
- UGC- NET Dec -2018 Important Dates & Schedule of Exam
- GENERAL QUERIES/ FAQ ABOUT UGC-NET DECEMBER-2018
- Whether the examination will be offline or online?
- Is there any change in the syllabus of UGC-NET, prescribed in UGC-NET Dec, 2018?
- I have no access to a computer and no experience with Computer Based Examination. How can I prepare for the exam?
- If mistakenly during filling up of the form, wrong particulars are filled in the online form, how it will be corrected.
- Is Aadhaar mandatory for UGC NET Dec 2018 ?
- NTA UGC NET Exam ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- CBSE UGC NET Exam Eligibility
- What are the Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET
- NET EXAM SCHEME
- UGC NET Question Paper for Previous Year
- UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips – Must Read!
- Useful Resource provided by UGCNETPAPER1 Team
- Important Study Materials for PAPER 1 of NET EXAM
- Contact Information
This page is all about latest notification details, Latest changes in Exam, Syllabus, Exam pattern, Result analysis, Question Papers and many more important links for NTA UGC NET EXAM.
This is the perfect page to bookmark to see the latest update on Exam.
Latest Update on NTA NET EXAM DEC 2018
- Registration Started at – http://ntanet.nic.in/
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility. Information Bulletin NTA NET EXAM 2018
- Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online
- Step1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. / (Please see Annexure – VIII)
- Step2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3: Make payment of fee using SBI_MOPS and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
For more details of on registration – please see
Whats New In Latest Notifications on NTA UGC NET Exam 2018
- Mode of Examination: The Examination shall only be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Instead of 3 papers, there will be only 2 papers – paper 1 and paper 2. (Online MODE CBT ). The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be attempted with a break of 30 minutes between them.
- Paper 1: It will be of 100 marks and will contain 50 objective type compulsory questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and will be of general nature and will test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.The duration of the same will be one hour (9:30 am to 10:30 am).
- Paper 2: It will be of 100 marks and will contain 100 objective type compulsory questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and will be based on the subject opted by the candidate. The duration of the same will be two hours (11 am to 1 pm).
- Age limit increased: The age limit has been raised by 2 years. Earlier, the upper age limit for appearing for JRF was 28 years, but now, it has been increased to 30 years.
- To assist Rural Students, Examination Centers will be set up at District / Sub-District level and hands-on training will also to be provided to those living at far off places. Student Registration(For Practice Center)
UGC- NET Dec -2018 Important Dates & Schedule of Exam
For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both
|NTA NET Dec 2018 Exam||Date|
|Commencement of online submission of application form||01 Sep 2018|
|Last date for online submission of application form||30 Sep 2018|
|Download UGC NET Admit Card||19 Nov 2018|
|Commencement of Exam||09 to 23 Dec 2018|
|Release of UGC NET Dec 2018 Result||10 Jan 2019|
Dates of Examination
|Between 09.12.2018 to 23.12.2018|
|(Exact dates of examination/shifts will be made available on the NTA’s website)|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 am– 10.30 am||2.00 pm – 3.00 pm|
|11.00 am – 1.00 pm||3.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Duration of Examination||1 hour for Paper I and 2 hours for Paper II|
|Entry in the Examination Centre*||7.30 am – 8.30 am||12.00 pm – 1.00 pm|
|Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 am – 9.00 am||1.15 pm – 1.30 pm|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 am – 9.15 am||1.30 pm – 1.45 pm|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 am||1.45 pm|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 am – 9.25 am||1.45 pm – 1.55 pm|
|Test Commences||9.30 am||2.00 pm|
|To attempt Paper-I i.e. Questions 001 to 050||9.30 am – 10.30 am||2.00 pm – 3.00 pm|
|Break (Candidates are not allowed to leave the premises, under any circumstances)||10.30 am – 11.00 am||3.00 pm – 3.30 pm|
|To attempt Paper-II i.e. Questions 001 to 100||11.00 am – 1.00 pm||3.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
|Test Concludes||1.00 pm||5.30 pm|
Download Information Bulletin UGC NET July 2018
GENERAL QUERIES/ FAQ ABOUT UGC-NET DECEMBER-2018
The examination will be conducted through Computer Based
Test made only.
There is no change in the Syllabus of UGC-NET, 2018. For
more details please go through the Information Bulletin
which is available on NTA website.
NTA will identify schools and colleges with internet and
computer facilities. The same will be designated as Test
Practice Centers (TPCs) for facilitating free practice sessions
on every Saturday and Sunday for UGC-NET Dec, 2018
aspirants. An NTA App is also available.
An opportunity after a week of last date will be given to the
candidates for such corrections, if any. No correction will be
allowed thereafter. All the information (especially in category)
which is filled on the date of submission of form will be
considered valid and no change is allowed later.
(a) Provision of Aadhaar:
(i) The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
(ii) The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of UGC-NET December, 2018 will enhance the accuracy of the candidates’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the candidates at the Examination Centres. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
(iii)Accordingly, NTA has decided to use Aadhaar for the candidates of UGC NET December, 2018, and hereby notifies the following:
—> Candidates, who are in possession of Aadhaar, may enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, gender in online application for UGC NET December, 2018 for the purpose of establishing identity and authentication thereof.
—> The candidates who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar may enter 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID (Including slash) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for UGC NET December, 2018.
NTA UGC NET Exam ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
CBSE UGC NET Exam Eligibility
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Minimum 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC
- Minimum 50 % marks for Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)[for candidates of reserved category/ physically handicapped
category/ PWD candidates? ]
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test provided they will get required % marks in the exam.
- Candidates are advised to appear on the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in syllabus may appear in a related subject.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION:
- Junior Research Fellowship: (JRF) – Not more than 30 years . A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- SC/ST/PD/Transgender categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the
candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related
subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of the Ph. D. Degree)
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st Dec 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
- Please Check Offifical notification at UGC NET WEBSITE.
What are the Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET
National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a gateway test in our country to start the career as Lecturers or Assistant Professors in various Colleges, Universities and other Educational Institutions. This NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted twice a year i.e. in the months of June and December and the notifications are released in March and September. UGC grants Junior Research Fellowship to the NET passed out candidates who are interested in research work in various Universities and Colleges. Those who qualify are categorized in two sections. ·
- Those whose rank is higher gets the NET-JRF after which one can apply in various institutions for admission to Ph.D. programs. NET is only a qualifying exam- it does not ensure one’s admission in any university. For that one has to face the interview board.
- Students who qualify as JRF are also eligible for lectureship. Moreover, JRF qualification is considered more prestigious as JRF qualified students are entitled to a monthly stipend of 25,000 p.m. for a period of two years. On Completion of two years as JRF and if the fellow is registered for PhD, the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) and the stipend is increased to Rs. 28,000/- p.m for the 3rd and subsequent years.
- After Qualifying National Eligibility Test(NET) enables a person to be eligible to apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere across India.
- The Candidates qualifying Assistant Professor exclusively will not be considered for the award of JRF.
Now a day’s many Corporate companies are opting NET cleared candidates for their vacancies or positions. Mainly for research investigation.After NET you will be eligible for a salary according to the sixth pay commission rule of the Government of India for teaching and lectureship.PSUs can utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
PSUs also utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
NET EXAM SCHEME
UGC NET Question Paper for Previous Year
According to the coaching experts, solving previous 10 Year Question Papers of UGC NET gives you confidence and enhances your examination temperament. Solving more and more questions in a stipulated time frame is a must to do in order to get the real examination temperament. This will create a sense of self-assurance. By solving sample papers on a regular basis, students get familiar with the exam pattern and get an overview of how the actual UGC NET exam would be.
if you wish to download them from the source you can visit CBSE UGC NET Portal
UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips – Must Read!
Frankly speaking NET EXAM is one of the prominent and the tough examinations, of India. Qualifying this examination in the first attempt is not an easy job.
Below are few handpicked articles published by our team to help you understand and guide for examination by based on analysis of previous year paper and patterns !
- Posts not found
Solve the preceding year’s exam papers as it is mandatory to do so. This is the first step toward success as by solving them, the candidate can know that how complex the exam paper can be.Build your confidence level as your nervousness spoils your performance completely.
- Download the syllabus, understand the exam pattern and purchase the books for each section. These primary steps are mandatory to be done.
- It is beneficial to join the crash courses as the candidate can clear their doubts with the help of educational experts.
- Try to prepare all the topics as questions come from each and every topic. But don’t mess up all these topics. Prepare it well.
- Attempt less time – consuming questions first as time plays the vital role. Time management is mandatory.
- Prepare each and every topic in details as the question can come from anywhere.
- Solve the sample papers and online practice papers as this will boost the speed as well as accuracy level of the candidate.
- Make your command over the concepts and must prepare the basic concepts first.
- Keep practicing and improve your weak areas as it is obligatory to eradicate the weak points.
Summarize all the points in your mind and don’t get confused.
Useful Resource provided by UGCNETPAPER1 Team
Important Study Materials for PAPER 1 of NET EXAM
- ICT and Governance | New Topic UGC NET 2019 Sylalbus
- Tricks To Solve Paper 1 Reading Comprehension UGC NET Exam
- Application of ICT in research,Different Tools & Role of ICT
- 16 Digital Initiative in Higher Education You Must Know
- Know about your organisation from inside-out
- Study Material Notes UGC NET Communication Paper 1| New Syllabus
- Barriers To Communication : Expectations vs. Reality [Updated]
- Teaching Aptitude | DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEACHING TECHNIQUES
- Mass-Media and Society | New Topic Based on Latest Syllabus
- Logical Reasoning Study Material for UGC NET JRF[Updated]
- Teaching Aptitude Study Material, Analysis, MCQ & Solved Paper for CBSE NET EXAM
- Important Topics On Governance, Polity & Administration| Study Notes-1
- MCQ ON COMMUNICATION | Extensive 12 Years Solved NET EXAM
- Thesis Format Important Guidelines – Framework of Thesis Report
- Important Study Notes on Research Aptitude UGC NET Paper 1
- 200+ Common Abbreviations and Terminology in ICT
- Solving Tricks for Data Interpretation Questions in NET EXAM
- Important Higher Education Body[Short Notes]
- Kick-start Notes on AICTE for Higher Education System
- Top 10 Important Government Bodies You Must Know About