All About CBSE UGC NET Exam January 2017 – National Eligibility Test
CBSE UGC NET January 2017 Exam Date
Latest Notifications on CBSE UGC NET Exam Jan 2017
UGC NET 2016-2017 Notifications | Stay Updated
Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET
National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a gateway test in our country to start career as Lecturers or Assistant Professors in various Colleges, Universities and other Educational Institutions. This NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted twice a year i.e. in the months of June and December and the notifications are released in March and September. UGC grants Junior Research Fellowship to the NET passed out candidates who are interested in research work in various Universities and Colleges. Those who qualify are categorized in two sections. ·
- Those whose rank is higher gets the NET-JRF after which one can apply in various institutions for admission to Ph.D. programs. NET is only a qualifying exam- it does not ensure one’s admission in any university. For that one has to face the interview board.
- Students who qualify as JRF are also eligible for lectureship. Moreover, JRF qualification is considered more prestigious as JRF qualified students are entitled to a monthly stipend of 25,000 p.m. for a period of two years. On Completion of two years as JRF and if the fellow is registered for PhD, the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) and the stipend is increased to Rs. 28,000/- p.m for the 3rd and subsequent years.
- After Qualifying National Eligibility Test(NET) enables a person to be eligible to apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere across India.
- The Candidates qualifying Assistant Professor exclusively will not be considered for the award of JRF.
Now a day’s many Corporate companies are opting NET cleared candidates for their vacancies or positions. Mainly for research investigation.After NET you will be eligible for a salary according to the sixth pay commission rule of the Government of India for teaching and lectureship.PSUs can utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
PSUs also utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
CBSE UGC NET Exam Eligibility
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Minimum 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC
- Minimum 50 % marks for Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test provided they will get required % marks in exam.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in syllabus may appear in a related subject.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION:
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.07.2016. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR)
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of the Ph. D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st Dec 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st Dec 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
- Please Check Offifical notification at UGC NET WEBSITE.
UGC NET Syllabus | Recommended Books
Follow below link for details of Syllabus,Recommended books etc.
- List of CBSE UGC NET/JRF Exam Reference Books for All Subjects
- Updated Nov 2017 Solved Answer Keys UGC NET Paper 1 Download
- CBSE UGC NET Syllabus Paper 1,Tips, Tricks and Strategy | Updated
- 5 Reasons Why Practice of UGC NET Previous Year Papers is a must?
- 10 Mistakes You Should Not Do In Preparation of UGC NET Paper 1
UGC NET Question Paper for Previous Year
According to the coaching experts, solving previous 10 Year Question Papers of UGC NET gives you confidence and enhances your examination temperament. Solving more and more questions in a stipulated time frame is a must to do in order to get the real examination temperament. This will create a sense of self-assurance. By solving sample papers on a regular basis, students get familiar with the exam pattern and get an overview about how the actual UGC NET exam would be.
if you wish to download them from source you can visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in/previous_question_papers.php to get the latest upload by ugc. Recently there was change in UGC NET Exam co-ordinating body so now it can be downloaded from CBSE UGC NET Portal
Ugc Net Qualifying Criteria And Cut-Off Percentages
Read in details about how UGC NET Exam merit list gets published- Know the Complete Process of Declaration of JRF here Ugc Net Qualifying Criteria And Cut-Off Percentages For Junior Research Fellowship And Eligibility For Assistant Professor
UGC NET Exam Preparation Tips – Must Read!
CBSE NET 2017 is one of the prominent and the tough examinations of India. Qualifying this examination in the first attempt is not an easy job. By analyzing its difficulty level, CBSE NET JAN 2017 Preparation Tips are given here.
Solve the preceding year’s exam papers as it is mandatory to do so. This is the first step toward success as by solving them, the candidate can know that how complex the exam paper can be.Build your confidence level as your nervousness spoils your performance completely.
- Download the syllabus, understand the exam pattern and purchase the books for each section. These primary steps are mandatory to be done.
- It is beneficial to join the crash courses as the candidate can clear their doubts with the help of educational experts.
- Try to prepare all the topics as questions come from each and every topic. But don’t mess up all these topics. Prepare it well.
- Attempt less time – consuming questions first as time plays the vital role. Time management is mandatory.
- Prepare each and every topic in details as the question can come from anywhere.
- Solve the sample papers and online practice papers as this will boost the speed as well as accuracy level of the candidate.
- Make your command over the concepts and must prepare the basic concepts first.
- Keep practicing and improve your weak areas as it is an obligatory to eradicate the weak points.
Summarize all the points in your mind and don’t get confused.